In many sectors and industries recruiting good quality, staff is a real challenge. For example, a recent survey of UK Finance Directors identified that 64% were finding it difficult to recruit good people. So how can you stand out from the crowd?
1. Consider the most appropriate way of selecting candidates. Interviews are the traditional way. By adding a presentation or role play you can get a broader view of the candidate. If it is a senior role you might even want to set up an assessment center
So, you can start now to find the right candidate for your agency by taking an assessment test.
2. Take the time to thoroughly prepare for interviews and assessments that you are going to do as part of the selection process. This is likely to be the first major interaction the candidate has with your organization. What impression do you want to give?
3. Think about how you will grow and develop the successful candidate in the longer term. The reality is that good candidate will want to grow and progress
4. Sell the benefits of working with your organization to candidates. The best candidates will have a range of options open to them. Never forget that recruitment is a two-way process. The candidate is making a choice as well as you
5. Demonstrate how others have progressed and grown as a result of joining your business. Real-life examples are really powerful
6. Be honest with candidates and never promise what you cannot deliver. If the most likely scenario is that the job will be a stepping stone then say that.
Taking some simple steps can make all the difference to the success of your recruitment. So what steps does your organization need to take to start attracting and recruiting the best people?