Great seasoning salt that's both delectable and affordable, Black Truffle Sea Salt is often one of the best selling salts on the market. What's more, it's easy to use for a wide variety of cooking methods. It's a healthy alternative to regular table salt. But there's so much more to this delectable seasoning salt than just that. Let's unravel the mystery and discover why so many people love it!
First, let's look at why Italian black truffles are so popular. They're pretty rare a few have managed to reach the U.S., and there's only about two stores in the entire country that sell them. That creates an opportunity for consumers to buy these treats in bulk, which leads to big savings. For example, if you were buying Italian black truffles as a gift for someone, you could save quite a bit of money by buying in bulk.
Second, let's take a look at how to prepare this salty treat. Like many other Italian desserts, the basic recipe calls for eggs, butter and cream. In fact, you can actually substitute the cream with half-and-half and omit the cream. It works well, and there's no reason not to include the cream since it actually enhances the flavor of the black truffles.
Another way to prepare for this healthy food is to mix it with fresh ingredients. Fresh vegetables and mushrooms provide a rich blend of flavors, which is exactly what makes this salt so tasty. You can use Italian truffle salt to make a delicious and healthy vegetable soup. You can also buy Italian vegetables at your local grocery store and blend them with stock from your kitchen (if you don't have any).
Of course, this salty treat isn't limited to summertime. You can also enjoy it any time of year. There are several recipes that call for black truffle salt, but there's no reason you need to stick to this one.
Try these ideas for incorporating this salty treat into your meals:
* Seasonal salads. If you're serving salad for a family meal, try crumbled tomatoes topped with some sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, chopped scallions, a bit of black truffle powder, and a bit of freshly chopped mint. Sprinkle on top of steamed baby carrots or spinach. Serve with crackers to add to the freshness. This dish is best eaten together, without the melted cheese.
* Season favorite vegetable chips. Add this salty treat to your baked potato, veggie tray, or other favorites. Sprinkle with black salt before tossing. This makes a great accompaniment to eggs or hash browns. Another idea is to sprinkle on top of thin layers of mashed potatoes before baking.
* Season favorite Italian breads and crackers. Sprinkle this salty blend on top of bagels, English muffins, or other breads and crackers. Another idea is to mix it with mayonnaise and mix into tuna salad. You can also make this blend with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Italian breads such as scoops, flatbreads, foccacia, and tortillas are also perfect for seasonings.
* Italian black truffle sea salt is made from an earthy flavor with a hint of nutty overtones. To add more of the earthy flavor, sprinkle it onto whole-wheat French bread, or on crackers and roll them up to resemble a piece of cheddar cheese. Add to salads and freshly tossed salads. Use this flavor in place of olive oil, as it has a much smaller amount of calories. This is also a good addition to vegetable spreads and other spreads that have a milder flavor.
* Italian black truffle salt also works well with seafood and fish. This seasoning is a wonderful alternative to regular salt, as it has a much stronger flavor. This is a wonderful option for using with grilled fish, chicken, turkey, or sardines. Salts with this flavor have a salty, almost candy like, flavor that works well with fish, seafood, or chicken. Sprinkle it onto baked potatoes and cut veggies to add this versatile seasoning. It also goes great on pasta sauce and scrambled eggs.
* A savory truffle flavor with nutty overtones is made with pieces of lean ham or turkey along with chopped mushrooms. The seasoning is best used with sliced portabella mushrooms cut into strips along with a bit of black pepper. Cook mushrooms and ham until they are softened, then sprinkle them with the pepper. Add a little bit of olive oil to help the overtones of the seasoning stick better to the meat.
* For a sweet and powerful mushroom flavor, try using pieces of Swiss or Italian white shiitake mushrooms along with sage leaves, which are ground and kept in a salt solution. Season the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper to add a delicious herb soup flavor. Add chopped mixed mushrooms to the mixture and toss with sage leaves for a delightful holiday treat.